Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update! - RESEARCH PROPOSAL -

Hyeeeee.....(he..he..he..), it's been a long long time i didn't update diz blog. .why eh?is it im too busy with something else or it is because of my lazineeeess...haha!okayh. .now I update this continue talking about our Discourse. Hmm. . .now in our studio, we were asked to do some research about Quality Of Life and for now I'll doing some research due to my topic 'Community and Social Aspects' and I have choose to do about GATED COMMUNITY. Besides that, we also running to our project no 3 which is we must do a survey. .!(okay, dat I'll post in another topic).

Now..back to my tittle of study. .Gated Community can be assume as a new form of residential community in Malaysia. It had been built in urban areas such as Kuala Lumpur, Shah Alam and Penang. Gated Community is like a private club where access privileges ae required. The Gated Community is about the residential community dat built for safety reasons. Everyone wants to feel good and secure about their livelihood. However, if it were built to reduce crimes and what about the crimes that still occured outside?These also need to pay attention. And what we can see now, the Gated Community is about the social segregation or a form of social apartheid. It is because, usually, this area were occupied by the elitist group and they were lack of sense of community because they do not interact to each other. I was interested to make research on this topic after I've made some study..surfing internet of course! and I found there were many complaint from community that living outside the Gated Community and I think it was an interesting topic to talk about the Community and Social Aspects. Oookay. . dat for now. .I'll update later when I have something to share with u all.

Hmm. . .for friends outside, please give me ur comment or any suggestion on my topic...should I proceed on it or do u have any other suggestion for me to change or what?


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....I think you just proceed with this topic. quite interesting, honestly. Based on my experience during practical at JRH, I figured out that real definition of Gated Community Development is:
    A cluster of houses and building that surrounded by a wall or fence or a parameter with the entry or exit of these houses or buildings in the areas controlled by a certain measures or restrictions like guard or ropes or string or boom gates or chains or blocks normally includes 24-hours security, guard patrols, central monitoring systems and CCTVs. [Dr.Azimuddin Bahari]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u can get more information regarding this topic at Bilik Thesis, Pusat Sumber HBP. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete